“India will not leave an inch of land till the Narendra Modi is the Prime Minister of India”, these were the hard words from Union Home Minister, Amit Shah on the Tawang face-off that had taken place between Indian and Chinese Army in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said, “India will not tolerate this and will retaliate if it happens again. There were no casualities and our soldiers compelled the Chinese Army to the run away”. The Defence Minister added, China has been asked not to repeat such incident in future.
Clashes broke out between both sides along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal’s Yangste area of the Tawang sector on December 9. Soldiers from both sides sustained injuries as they exchanged barbs with each other.
This is not the first time this has happened. Earlier, Chinese troops had trespassed into Arunachal Pradesh many times and called the area part of Chinese. The China had tried to spread unrest in Galwan, Doklam predominantly.
India, has taken the developments in Tawang very seriously and high level meetings were conducted by Defence and Home ministry. Raphel aircrafts have been kept on alert. Sukhoy and other fighter aircrafts are on alert across Hashimpura air base, West Bengal, Tejpur, and Chabua in Assam. It’s clear that Defence ministry is not taking any chances and is ready to face the situation.
The Indian Air Force is closely monitoring the situation along the LAC in Arunachal Pradesh following an attempt by the Chinese PLA troops last week to unilaterally change the status quo in the Tawang sector in the border state, people familiar with the development said on Tuesday.
They said the IAF has also stepped up its overall surveillance in the areas in view of the Chinese attempt of transgression on December 9, adding it follows standard operation procedures that included scrambling of fighter jets in case of specific security concerns.